CIPL (Comité International Permanent des Linguistes / Permament International Committee of Linguists) is an international organization founded to assist in the development of linguistic science. It tries to further linguistic research and to co-ordinate activities undertaken for the advancement of linguistics.
- The 48th Annual Meeting of the SLE (Societas Linguistica Europaea) will be held at the University of Leiden, The Netherlands, 2-5 September 2015.
- The next international Congress of Linguists (CIL20) will be held in South-Africa in 2018.
- Volume 2013 of the Linguistic Bibliography (LB) has been published. The LB is the annual bibliography of linguistics published by CIPL. With a tradition of sixty-five years, the LB is by far the most comprehensive bibliography in the field.
- We welcome the International Pragmatics Association (IPrA) as a new member of CIPL.
- CIPL is currently negotiating with the Linguist List on the distribution of a Newsletter (2 or 3 times a year).
- The Linguistic Association of Turkey and the Department of Linguistics of Bogazici University will organize a workshop from 28-30th july 2015 with the title: Linguistic Approaches to Endangered Languages: Theory and Description (www.lael.boun.edu.tr). CIPL is co-sponsoring this workshop.
- Eight Decades of General Linguistics, the history of CIPL and its role in the history of linguistics, edited by Ferenc Kiefer and Piet van Sterkenburg. This book presents the key lectures delivered at the eighteen conferences organized by CIPL and also a history of the Committee itself.